In my visual communication class, we were assigned the task of creating a business card. The banners of my card were inspired by a Gatsby-esque theme because I have always been fascinated with the art deco style of the ’20s. Creating the design was tedious at first. I started out creating each individual shape, multiplying them and attempting to place them all the same way. Once I figured out the “group” and “lock” features on InDesign, duplicating the banner was much simpler to align.
Before revisions, I had two different fonts for my name and information, and the text was centered in the middle. I switched my fonts to one but used two different font types and aligned the text to the right. Changing the font and alignment made my business card clean and concise.